Saturday, September 20, 2008

I Want to Barack and Roll All Night.

Hello readers.

Sorry for the delay in posting here. I've been working extra hard to be able to swing this adventure, and also I was in a little bit of a bad way over the whole "Palin bump" thing for a while, so thought it best to lay low and not be hysterical out here in public on the interweb.

But thank you, thank you, thank you, for all the notes of support and dollar bills in the mailbox (real and virtual) -- I can't even believe it. I've almost collected enough money now. So, if you haven't given me a dollar, please, think about it.

Ok, but here's a good story.

So, the other day I was in the elevator at one of my jobs, and I was talking to a co-worker about what I'm doing, and how I'm going to Pennsylvania, and blah, blah, blah, and all excitable and passionate and stuff, and there was a lady in the elevator who just piped up and said, "I want to help you. How can I help you?" So, I took her email address, and mailed her the address of my blog, and boom! She put $25 in my PayPal account.

Thanks new elevator friend!

You guys -- talk about this stuff everywhere. You never know who's listening.

Thank you, also for getting the word out to your friends and family about this -- I've gotten lots of emails from people I don't know at all, asking how they can help. Don't stop! I want to build a little personal army of volunteers from New York and in and around Philadelphia to get this thing done.

I leave for PA in about a week. It looks like I'll probably be going to work in the field office in Media, which is the town next to where I grew up. I'll let you know for sure when I do, and will be posting more often once I'm actually in the field.

Until then, keep writing letters to the editor, give me a dollar, go register voters, and pass this blog address on to everyone you think might be interested.

Audley out.

No comments: