Sunday, October 26, 2008

Barack Star

Hey you guys.

So, I bet you thought this blog was going to be all “listen to this funny yet moving story with cool insider information from the campaign office,” huh.

Like, you probably thought it was going to be all West Wing-y, with a pinch of The Office thrown in.

And you’ve returned again and again, only to find that I'm still just harassing you in eight different ways to come and volunteer for the campaign.

Lamest. Blog. Ever.

So, I feel I owe you an explanation. And there’s a special surprise at the end of the post.

1. We actually really need the volunteers. So please come.
2. I found out shortly after I got here that I’m not actually allowed to blog about the campaign. You know, loose lips and all that.

So, sorry about that. I do have a lot of funny and awesome stories, but I can’t really share them until after election day.

But here’s something I can tell you right now.

Barack Obama is coming to Delaware County on Tuesday!

He’s coming to Chester, PA and speaking at 10am. We’re expecting about 20,000 people to show up. At least.

But here’s the really exciting thing.

I’m going to give a speech at the rally.

Hold on. Let me say that again. Just in case you didn’t totally understand it. Because I didn’t really understand what they were telling me at first either.

I’M GOING TO GIVE A SPEECH AT THE RALLY WITH BARACK OBAMA ON TUESDAY.

So, the speech that I’m going to give is a volunteer recruitment pitch – the same damn pitch I’ve been giving all of you, but to a group of 20,000 people.

I’m very excited, but I have no idea what to expect. I’ve spoken before big groups before, but not this big.

Also, I’ve never made a speech that is this important. Like, if it works, and we get everyone to volunteer to help get out the vote, we’ll win the election. And if it doesn’t work, and we don’t get enough volunteers, we might lose. You know, no pressure.

Also, did I mention that Barack Obama will be there?

So, wish me luck, you guys. And think of me on Tuesday morning. I may not sleep until then.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe they didn't have you do this weeks ago! I mean, what a waste of resources! I want my campaign donation back. :)

Elizabeth said...

That's no problem. Which name did you make the contribution under -- Amanda Hugankiss, or I.P. Freely? I can never rememember.

Joseph said...

Wow. Just ... wow. You're such a great choice for this. Break a leg, baby!

Your Pal,

Joseph

Unknown said...

dude. i can't believe i couldn't pull it together to wish you the best, but i am totally sure you rocked Chester, PA back into the stone age. now, where is video of this speech??? i mean, i can find obama, but i want YOU.